In higher education, we generally consider an e-Portfolios to be a collection of evidence posted online that shows the progress of student learning over time (either a semester or entire program length) and demonstrates their competence or abilities within a discipline or subject.
Portfolios are used for many different purposes: for learning and/or assessment (learning portfolios), for professional development (credential portfolios), or for job applications and promotions (showcase portfolios). Depending on the purpose of portfolio it will have many different audiences: lecturers, mentors, employers, peers, or the student herself.
At Pacific University, we are developing our e-Portfolios in Google Sites and WordPress. Both platforms allow for students to easily create and develop websites, assign multiple permissions within a site, integrate their site with other applications, and use program templates.
Examples of ePortfolios
- http://commons.saintmarys.edu/sampleportfolio/ – Sample Student ePortfolio
- http://www2.easternct.edu/m/miclettes/web/clubs.html – Student club site
- https://weikela.wordpress.com/academic-portfolio/fall-2010/com-310/ – Academic ePortfolio
- https://cosmam.wordpress.com/jewelry/ – Course reflection and portfolio
- http://www.evanrgoodwin.com/ – Student Resume
- http://ron4982.wix.com/eportfolio- Law School Application ePortfolio
- http://kellycreswelle-portfolio.businesscatalyst.com/index.html – Capstone ePortfolio
- http://krshera.wix.com/kelsey-sherard – Internship ePortfolio
- http://blogs.ulethbridge.ca/marlosteed/ – Sample Teaching ePortfolio
- http://www.teacheranne.com/ – Teaching Showcase ePortfolio
- https://samjshahportfolio.wordpress.com/ – Teaching Showcase ePortfolio
- https://eportfolio.pace.edu/view/view.php?id=716 – Credential ePortfolio
- http://judyoconnell.com/about/ – Professional Showcase ePortfolio
- https://kurtishewson.wordpress.com/ – Professional ePortfolio
- https://w.taskstream.com/ts/kehoe8/portfolio – Credential ePortfolio
Departmental, Program and Project ePortfolios